Monday, October 22, 2012

Earring and Necklace Holder


This is an earring and necklace holder I made earlier this year.  I had seen both of them on Pinterest and decided to give them a try.  For the necklace holder I picked various knobs from Hobby Lobby and found a spare board in the garage.  I was lucky enough to find a few of the knobs on clearance.  I cut the board to the length I wanted it and then marked the spacing of the holes.  I drilled the holes for the screws, then inserted the knobs.  The screws on the knobs were too long, so I marked where I wanted to cut them and then took them out of the board and then cut them off with my Dremel.  I turned the board over and used a boring bit to make an indentation in the back so the nut for the screw didn't stick out.  I wanted the board to lay flat on the wall.  I then painted the board.  I put two hangers on the back and put the knobs back on and it was ready to hang.  I have enjoyed using it.  For the earring holder:  You can see I took this picture before I got all my earrings on it.  I only use it to put my earrings with hooks.  It makes it so much easier to find what you are looking for.  I found a frame I liked at Goodwill and took the glass and photo out.  I painted it to match the necklace hanger. I cut the wire to the shape of the frame( For this step I used wire cutters and wore gloves.)  I glued the edge of wire to the back of the frame with E-6000.  The frame already had a hanger, so as soon as it was dry it was ready to hang.       Thanks for checking it out.

Cindy

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment