Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentines Goodies

Here are few things I have been working on this month for the upcoming holiday.


The first photo is from my mantle.  Our house was about 12 years old when we bought  it, so it wasn't equipped for a TV above the mantle.   With the help of my Dad we got it up on the wall, but then there were all these cords that I have been trying to figure out how to hide.  Christmas is great because with all the decorations you can't see them at all.  When I took the garland down this year I decided that I would try to find some way to hide the cords.  I had a couple of canvases in my stash.  I painted them the color of the wall and then cut out a bird and heart with my Sizzix.  I used Modge Podge to attach it and then added a touch of glitter.  They are big enough to hide the cords from the side and because they are the wall color they blend nicely.


This is another canvas I made for the shop.  It is a little smaller and I cut a stencil out this time and painted it.  I would recommend the stencil instead of the cut out.


This is another sign. I used a stencil I cut out with my Sizzix Eclips.


I love Starbuck's Frappacinos.  They have such great bottles for projects.  I thought they would be perfect for pink lemonade or even toppings for an ice cream bar.  I found this CD storage box and took out the inserts.  I painted it and then added the letters.  It has a couple of coats of Modge Podge.  The lids were spray painted and then hearts were painted on them with a paint pen.  The have a touch of glitter and then a coat of  Modge Podge.  Now they are ready to party.  Have a great weekend!  Cindy


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment