Sunday, November 11, 2012

Music Cabinet




I bought this music cabinet a few months ago.  I had seen it one Saturday and didn' buy it.  I went back the next week and it was still there, so I bought it. I loved the graphic on the front and didn't want to cover it up.  The veneer was partially missing on the top.  I removed the veneer off of the top only.  The glue was very hard to remove and I never could remove all of it even with a sander.  The cabinet had a red cast to it and didn't match the door.  I decided to paint all of it except for the door.  I used a brown paint that I usually mix with glaze for antiquing.  I think it is a great color.  I did a little distressing after I painted it and then used a wax on it.  I am very happy with the results. It makes me happy every time I look at it.  I love the door graphic.  Hope you are having a great fall weekend.






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment